Uniform wind load testing was done on Luxyclad siding and soffit, meeting the ASTM E330 requirements.
ASTM E330 & Test Results
- ASTM E330 is a standard procedure for determining structural performance using uniform static air pressure difference
- By testing the wind loading, we can gain insight on whether or not cladding can handle hurricanes, tornadoes and other strong winds
- The test also gives insight on whether or not the exterior cladding will buckle, bend, shift, or disengage from the wall assembly
- The Luxyclad aluminum cladding system (both siding and soffit) did not disengage from the wall assembly
- Luxyclad will not buckle, bend, or shift, under intense winds, when installed correctly