A common test for corrosion resistance is ASTM B117 Salt Spray — so we did it for 5000 hours, to determine what our siding would be like in coastal environments.
Salt Spray & Test Results
- The neutral salt spray test is an accelerated corrosion test, using fog chambers
- This information will help determine if a material can withstand corrosion, or provide protection for a period of time
- This information is suited for those looking for protective finishes in coastal environments
- Luxyclad reached the maximum possible score of 10 for scribe, and 10 for field on the salt spray test
- Testing was done over the course of 5000 hours — It is important to note that testing was discontinued at 5000 hours.
So is Luxyclad the best siding for coastal environments?
We can't decide that for you – but with 5000 hours of salt spray testing, Luxyclad is a great start to finding your answer.